Thursday, November 6, 2008

Arrive in Jerusalem!

After an all day, then all night, then all day series of flights, I am now in Jerusalem. I hooked up with one of my riding buddies (Bruce) and we caught some dinner then took a walking tour of parts of the Old City at night (see pictures - should be up shortly). Tomorrow I am contemplating seeing the City of David (currently undergoing extensive archeological excavations) and the adjacent Mount of Olives. It will be an early day as we have been invited to a Shabbat gathering/dinner somewhere in the Old City in the early afternoon.

Also, it was pretty cool to see all of the front page coverage of our election in the international press. Aside from the German and Israeli press (see photos), one of my seat-mate from Frankfurt had an Italian paper which had similar coverage.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: